Friday, May 6, 2011

Wash yer' money






A good friend (and colleague) lives in a beautiful, very historic part of Japan called, Kamakura. And for as long as either of us can remember, we've been promising to meet up in his home town to hang out. Well, since recently I have no family, no life, I decided to make good on our promises this Golden Week holiday.

Yesterday I took a very scenic train to Kamakura where I met Mr. Kat and Mr. Ryoji. We had a nice Italian lunch and then Mr. Kat toured us around some of the sights. The highlight was visiting a temple/shrine where tradition holds that you wash your money in a sacred spring, in a sacred cave no less and the reward being that once you spend it, it will be returned to you many times over. I'm all for that. Cheap investment.

Then we purused a small but beautiful pottery shop, checked out a bike store and even found a few minutes to toast Mr. Ryoji's birthday on a side street at a "stand-up bar".

Happy Birthday, and cheers gentleman!

2 comments:

JOCON said...

Hi TJ. Glad to see your blog on Facebook. Everyone tells me it is too hard to comment on the actual sight. Maybe now, they can figure it out. I love this story!

Ericka said...

I never knew you did all that?!