Sunday, November 15, 2009

Voodoo Wazoo







Finally bought a bike. I have been looking forward to the day for about a year and a half now.

Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision. Ever since converting my mountain bike in B.C. for commuting purposes about 7 years ago, I have been envious of all those skinny-tired, non-shock absorbing forks folks who I saw whizz by basking in their efficiently pedaled glow.

Since I wanted all the sleekness and rigidity of a road bike but knew I'd be pulling our Chariot child carrier behind me some days, I decided on a steel frame rather than aluminum. I eventually chose a cyclocross bike by Voodoo; the Wazoo. The guy at the shop gave me a deal since it was the last such model in the store. Carbon fiber forks, sliding dropouts (in case I want to convert it to a single speed), clipless pedals, Ritchey handlebars, FSA Omega cranks and Shimano components. Beautiful.

And the best part of all? I absolutely love to ride it. It's the best bike I've owned (apart from my 1st bike, of course). It's fast, responsive, comfortable and smooth.


1 comment:

JOCON said...

How much did that baby cost?! Just kidding, you have waited a long time and deserve it- me, I'd rather have a VW bug. Sounds like you definitely did your homework. Congragulations on new 2-2wheeled addition. L, Mom