Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Apfelstrudel





I'm thrilled to report that our Christmas Eve Apple Strudel Bake Extravaganza is alive and well. Ericka and Miki climbed back into the kitchen this evening after dinner and got to work layering 'das strudel' with apples, spices, raisins, walnuts and lots of love!

The finished product, foil-wrapped in front of me on the counter in fact, will be savored tomorrow morning alongside a fresh pot of Yorkshire Gold English tea.

My girls are certainly learning how to make Papa happy and content this holiday season: go for the stomach and show no mercy!

To Mel, my black-tea-partner-in-crime, thanks for the recipe; unfortunately we can't share a pot early tomorrow, but 'cheers' nonetheless.
And to all, whether it's tea or coffee on Christmas morning, I wish you all a great first cup.
Erika-san, otsukaresama deshita. Tanoshimi ni...
Long-live the Apfelstrudel tradition!

No comments: