Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Big Sis'






A quick breakdown of the day:

E and I did not manage to get much sleep lastnight. Go figure. It was quite rough leaving the bed at 8am (hey, I laid down at 5:30!) and I knew there was no way I was going to make the veterinarian appointment scheduled for Rope at 9:20. I phoned and luckily they had an open slot 1 hour later.


Nonetheless, Miki, Rope and I still found ourselves scrambling out the door and into a downpour a little after 10. Mama & Sam stayed behind to sleep. The vet visit went fine; Rope is healthy.


From there the 3 of us went into town for a few items and on route I received a call from a colleague at work that the campus septic system was in trouble. By itself not a huge deal. However, beginning this Sunday we are hosting a 1-week, all day, overnight seminar for 35 people. Fabulous.


Anyway, other than that, things are going ok. Samantha is doing great and compared with Miki's birth, Ericka has rebounded "completely".


This evening, while getting the mise en place ready for our vegetable-tofu stirfry, I took a few classic photos of big sister Miki "reading" to wee Samantha.

No comments: