Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gum boot family






This weekend is turning out to be the hottest couple of days we've had all year. It's a holiday here, the "May-long" as they call it, it's actually Victoria Day on Monday. A busy travel time when it seems everyone loads up and heads off camping somewhere, although how people can justify the extra fuel expense dragging around those damn rv's is beyond me.

We decided instead to save on the fossil fuels and lounge around at home and at the local beach-park. I voluntarily signed up for "duty crew" at the firehall, which basically means for 72 hours this weekend I'm on call: can't drink and I can't leave the district. If the pager sounds off I'm expected to respond.

Also taking advantage of the dry, hot conditions to chop some wood, mow the lawn and fix the air compressor pipe that feeds our home treatment system.

Here's a few photos from this morning's visit to Blue Heron Park at low-tide.

No comments: