Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hay Ride






Lastnight we went on a neighborhood hay ride organized by the fire department. It was scheduled for last Sunday but cancelled due to horrendous weather.

By 3pm yesterday the skies cleared and the preparations were under way. 2 semi-trucks each with a double flat-bed trailer (they're called "b-trains" in trucker lingo) were rented, outfitted with a sound system, lights and loaded with bails of hay for benches. At 6pm the rigs rolled out, flanked in both the front and rear by the fire engines. It really was quite impressive and I had planned on taking lots of photos but my camera battery died 5 min. into the journey. I've included what few shots I was able to snap just to give you some idea. It was lots of fun and I honestly wish we could do it more than once a year.

No comments: